1. Home
  2. /
  3. Parking Enforcement Home
  4. /
  5. Parking Enforcement Division –...


If the parking meter is not working or broken, do I have to pay for parking?

The parking meter is officially broken ONLY if it is not accepting both coins and credit cards, and therefore no payment is required.  If the parking meter is not accepting coin payments, then you must pay with a credit card.  If the parking meter is not accepting credit card payments, then you must pay with coins.  If the parking meter can grant time in return for payment for either of these two ways during operating hours, then you must pay the parking meter or park somewhere else.  If the meter is not accepting both forms of payment, then you can only park for free up to the posted time limit, which means the vehicle has to be moved (Please see California Vehicle Code Section 22508.5).  Please report broken meters online or call our meter hotline at: (877) 215-3958.

How do I report an Abandoned Vehicle?

You can report an abandoned vehicle Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling (800) 222-6366. If you call after hours, leave a voicemail for a return call the next business day. You also have an option to report Online. You will be required to provide: vehicle location (street address, block #, cross street, zip code), license plate, vehicle make, and vehicle color.

An LADOT traffic officer will respond and if the vehicle is determined to be abandoned it will be processed for enforcement action.

Where and how do I recover my impounded vehicle?

Determine which Official Police Garage has your vehicle. Contact the Official Police Garage for details that may apply to the circumstances and any necessary steps beyond retrieving a vehicle from the Official Police Garage.

Where do I pay my parking citations?

You can pay your parking citation online, via PayTix, by telephone: (866) 561-9742, in-person at a Public Service Center, or by mailing a check payable to “City of Los Angeles”, write citation number on the memo line, and mail to: P.O. Box 30420, Los Angeles, CA. 90030-0968.

My vehicle was booted, what do I do?

Contact the booted vehicle (PayLock) 24-hour helpline at (855) 288-2642 and refer to our fact sheet for detailed information. You can also contact the Parking Violations Bureau at (866) 561-9742 to determine the appropriate steps to follow. If you paid your parking citations at the DMV, please visit a Public Service Center to present an itemized receipt.

Will there be relaxed parking enforcement on Jewish holidays?

Yes, but it will be limited to select Jewish holidays, specific restrictions, dates, times, and locations as listed in this letter.